Thursday, July 31, 2008

I had been procrastinating about this for a very long time, but it had to happen now- c'est la vie! Hi! For those of you who do not know me, I am Debjyoti Ghosh, a Homo Sapien male, born and brought up in LaPierre's City of Joy (and Strife, and Sorrow, and Anger, and Joy yet again). I am 24 and about to be 25- yes, that is the way it goes most of the times...

I just about finished my studies in law, and am hovering in the middle of nowhere currently, at the mercy of Calcutta University, who, of course, will take their own sweet time publishing our results, thereby more or less making sure that those of us who had any ambition of pursuing further studies with other universities are thwarted at their efforts.

In the mean time, however, I am busy cleaning up the house. My sister has left for Delhi, and as is generally the case, has purged her cupboards before going, leaving behind all the undesirable stuff, which, of course, the designated major domo has to throw out. Moreover, I need to clean up if only to declutter my own mind.

My lover left for his home as of yesterday, and shall be off to Russia before the end of next month. All this cleaning up, and of course, reading a few (hundred) books might distract me till the time he comes back.

Mum has decided to quit her post as Vice-Principal. In other words, she and I shall be at constant loggerheads if we are not careful- but that would be after a month's notice has been served, thank ye God!

The dogs have FINALLY learnt to get along, so I guess it is time to get our furniture straightened out. We need to make many changes in our home- and no time is better than now...

No comments: