Sunday, August 24, 2008

Jai Gurudev

As my classes were wrapping up one of these evenings, a little group of boys and girls came in, and asked for a few moments of our time. At first I thought, must be a course project of sorts- the type where they conduct census, etc. Hence, I was hardly interested in what they had to say. Yet, what they said that day made me take a spontaneous decision, which was possibly the best decision that I could have ever taken.

They spoke about the Art of Living. A course was being held at the Netaji Indoor Stadium over the last week, and was terribly affordable as well-although I seemed to be the ONLY one from my batch to go for it! I went for it, and my life, as I knew it, took a slightly different turn.

I still don't know where I am headed in life, nor do I know what my goals are, beyond happiness. However, the ONE thing that I have definitely learned is to be happy NOW. We are so busy trying to make sure that we are happy in the future that we forget to be happy now.

I experienced varied emotions through the workshop. My innermost fears, anger, hurts started surfacing. At times I wanted to run away from myself... It was painful. Yet, by the end of it, there were tears of joy in my eyes, and the smile on my face was no longer forced and fake.

I have turned slightly calmer. I hope I can become a little more calm over time, and focus better as well. This was just one of the doors that I have ventured into. Lets see what the others hold in store!

Jai Gurudev!

No comments: