Friday, March 6, 2009

even before the Ides of March

The last month was an absolute roller-coaster ride for me. ALL my dogs fell ill simultaneously.. and that too with gastro-enteritis... some had it worse than the others.. Pickles and Lucky were put on the drip, and are still on the drip as I write this, but are out of the danger-zone. It was a harrowing experience altogether. My father has issues with cleanliness- and HATES touching anything "dirty". Between my mother and I, I think we cleaned out the house a few million times the last few days. I am sure even my D&G perfume is not enough to cover the whiffs of Lizol(R) on me.

It is strange to see who were by me while I went through this terrifying time- each day to wake up with the dread that you won't see a little one who you delivered with your own hands, each day to see him whither away. The most unexpected people stood by me.. whereas many never even appeared. Some barely bother to stay in touch. Others expect you to stay in touch with them:-).

Sometimes it got a little too much for me. Mantosh is not here right now- how I wish he had been here- it would have been so much easier! With every passing day, I appreciate his presence in my life more and more. He is, in reality, not just my lover, but also my best friend. Strange how he has managed to become so much for me... a person, who I never even knew 2 years back! 

I shall be off to Mumbai for my judgement day for the season. Lets see how it goes- and I shall keep my blog updated regarding my pets... and Holi is coming!!! yaayyyyyy

No comments: